Grant-Sponsored paid Illinois Cooperative Work Study (ICWS) academic internships; exclusive to UIS with competitive process - location Illinois.
Description: Illinois Cooperative Work Study (ICWS) Academic Internship; paid; located in Illinois.
- Undergraduate students eligible.
- Qualifies as ECCE engaged experience /elective (undergrad students only) or general elective requirement.
- Funding source: 50% Illinois Board of Higher Education grant and 50% employer.
- Learn more about ICWS internships.
- OEL-IPL exclusive and competitive internships available only to eligible UIS students.
- Payroll administered by UIS.
- Test drive possible careers and explore different job markets while gaining relevant work experience.
- Engage in networking and make long-term connections.
- Learn about career path options and determine the most suitable pathway to pursue.
- An enhanced resume setting you apart from others.
- ECCE: Internship Applied Learning – IPL 300 (2-12 credit hour range) OR
- Tutorial-IPL 499 (1-12 credit hour range: ECCE credit ineligible).
- Illinois residency status required.
- Special application and onboarding process.
- Prerequisites vary by academic major. Examples:
- Completion of at least 3 core courses.
- Internship must be related to the field of study, facilitate the learning process, and provide a professional experience.
- Internship site must be an ICWS participating organization or business.
- List of positions exclusively shared with eligible UIS students.
How to apply/ register:
- Complete ICWS student interest form.
- Submit resume for review and approval.
- Learn about course application process and deadlines; complete course application by deadline once internship is secured.