Academic Research Projects enhance research skills and provide an applied research experience.
Academic Research Project; paid/unpaid; projects are under guidance of approved faculty mentor.
- Typically, undergrad students or grad students with academic department permission.
- Qualifies as ECCE engaged experience /elective (undergraduate students) or general elective requirement.
- Learn more about projects.
- Gain research experience, explore career paths, develop research and transferable skills, and contribute to the future of the world.
- Examples: Collaborate in research projects with UIS faculty members or faculty at other institutions; self-designed research project.
- Flexible option for students with time constraints and competing demands.
- An enhanced resume setting you apart from others.
- ECCE: Internship Applied Learning – IPL 300 (2-12 credit hour range) OR
- Tutorial-IPL 499 (1-12 credit hour range: ECCE credit ineligible).
- Prerequisites vary by academic major but typically require completion of at least 3 core courses.
- Must be related to field of study.
- Independent student search/created project.
- Request OEL personalized assistance to search/locate projects.
How to apply/ register
- Complete project course application by deadline once project has been defined.