Academic internship located in the U.S; may be paid/unpaid; onsite/remote/hybrid internship.
Typically, undergrad students or grad students with academic department permissions.
- Qualifies as ECCE engaged experience /elective (undergrad students only) or general elective requirement.
- Learn more about Academic Internships.
- Test drive possible careers and explore different job markets while gaining relevant work experience.
- Engage in networking and make long-term connections.
- Learn about career path options and determine most suitable pathway to pursue.
- An enhanced resume setting you apart from others.
- ECCE: Internship Applied Learning – IPL 300 (2-12 credit hour range) OR
- Tutorial-IPL 499 (1-12 credit hour range: ECCE credit ineligible).
- Prerequisites vary by academic major. Examples:
- Completion of at least 3 core courses.
- Internship must be related to the field of study, facilitate learning process, and provide a professional experience.
- Internship planning, steps and timelines
- Intern with current employer.
- Independent student search for possible internships.
- Request OEL-IPL personalized assistance to search/locate internships.
How to Apply/Register
- Complete student interest form to learn more.
- Learn about course application process and deadlines on the Finding an Internship page; complete course application by deadline once internship is secured.
- Advanced planning may be required.