Industry-Sponsored paid academic internships; exclusive to UIS with competitive process - location varies.
Industry-Sponsored Academic Internships; paid; location varies.
- Qualifies as ECCE engaged experience /elective (undergraduate students) or general elective requirement.
- Funding source:100% sponsor donations.
- OEL-IPL exclusive and competitive internships available only to eligible UIS students.
- Payroll administered by UIS.
- Test drive possible careers and explore different job markets while gaining relevant work experience.
- Engage in networking and make long-term connections.
- Learn about career path options and determine the most suitable pathway to pursue.
- An enhanced resume setting you apart from others.
- ECCE: Internship Applied Learning – IPL 300 (2-12 credit hour range) OR
- Tutorial-IPL 499 (1-12 credit hour range: ECCE credit ineligible).
- Special application and onboarding process.
- Prerequisites vary by academic major. Examples:
- Completion of at least 3 core courses.
- Internship must be related to the field of study, facilitate the learning process, and provide a professional experience.
- Internship site must be an Industry-Sponsored participating organization or business.
- List of positions exclusively shared with eligible UIS students.
How to apply/ register
- Complete Industry-Sponsored student interest form.
- Submit resume for review/approval.
- Complete course application by deadline once internship is secured.