Academic Professional Projects enhance professional skills and provide an applied professional experience.
Academic Professional Project; paid/unpaid; projects are under guidance of an approved mentor with relevant professional experience.
- Typically, undergrad students or grad students with academic department permission.
- Qualifies as ECCE engaged experience /elective (undergrad students only) or general elective requirement.
- Option - complete as part of Study Away Experience.
- Learn more about projects.
- Gain professional experience, explore career paths, build professional and transferable skills, contribute to the future of the world.
- Examples: creation of new software/app; entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Flexible option for students with time constraints and competing demands.
- An enhanced resume setting you apart from others.
- ECCE: Internship Applied Learning – IPL 300 (2-12 credit hour range)
- Tutorial-IPL 499 (1-12 credit hour range: ECCE credit ineligible).
- Prerequisites vary by academic major but typically require completion of at least 3 core courses.
- Must be related to field of study.
- Independent student search; design a project of interest.
- Request OEL personalized assistance to search/locate projects.
How to apply/ register
- Complete project course application by deadline once project has been defined.