Students employed at various locations throughout the University with opportunities to develop and apply skills and competencies learned from coursework – location varies.
UIS Department-Sponsored Academic Internships; paid; location varies.
- Qualifies as ECCE engaged experience /elective (undergraduate students) or general elective requirement.
- Funding source:100% UIS funding.
- OEL-IPL exclusive and competitive internships available only to eligible UIS students.
- Payroll administered by UIS.
- Test drive possible careers and explore different job markets while gaining relevant work experience.
- Engage in networking to make long-term connections.
- Learn about career path options and determine most suitable pathway to pursue.
- An enhanced resume setting you apart from others.
Attributes of Leadership Lived
- Teaching-focused Academic Experience (Professional Skill Development & Application of Theory to Practice)
- An Abundance of Opportunities to Collaborate (Teamwork & Communication)
- A Right-Sized Supportive Community (Integration into University Culture & Community)
- A Tradition Educating Public Servants and Leaders (Leadership, Initiative & Integrity)
Same course options as U.S. Academic Internships.
- ECCE: Internship Applied Learning – IPL 300 (2-12 credit hour range) OR
- Tutorial-IPL 499 (1-12 credit hour range: ECCE credit ineligible).
- Special application and onboarding process.
- Same prerequisites as U.S. Academic Internships.
- Internship site must be a Leadership Lived Experience pre-qualified site.
- List of positions exclusively shared with eligible UIS students.
How to apply/register
- Apply for positions through Career Connect - Submit resume for review/approval.
- Complete internship course application by deadline once internship is secured.