What should I expect to gain from this tutorial?
- Knowledge of laws and policies governing acceptable use and release of student records.
- An understanding of your responsibilities in complying with these laws and policies.
- An understanding of how to protect a student’s right to privacy.
- What is FERPA?
- What is an Educational Record?
- Directory Information
- Suppressed Directory Information
- Non-Directory Information
- Your Responsibilities
- Access to Student Records
- Freedom of Information Act
- A Brief Review
At the conclusion of the review section, you may take the Quiz and submit a certification form signifying your completion of the tutorial.
Office of Records and Registration
University of Illinois at Springfield
One University Plaza, MS UHB 1076
Springfield, IL 62703-5407