In addition to educational benefits, you may qualify for UIS Institutional Scholarships. UIS uses one application form for all institutional scholarships. You are strongly encouraged to complete this form annually. The form becomes available on Dec. 1 and is due by Feb. 15. Information about institutional scholarships and a link to the form can be found on the UIS Cost & Aid Scholarship page. Several of these scholarships are military and/or veteran focused including:
- Walter and Hattie Putnick Memorial Scholarship ($170)
- Joe Wilkins Veterans Scholarship ($1,600)
- Ted Mims Scholarship ($1,200)
- Artisan Business Group (ABG) Graduate Scholarship for Illinois Veterans ($1,500)
UIS Military/Veterans Emergency Grant
UIS cares about its student veterans and military personnel, and we know that on occasion difficult situations arise. The UIS Military/Veterans Emergency Grant was created to help prevent emergencies and unforeseen events from inhibiting student veterans’ academic progress.
The awarding of this grant money is not competitive. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. The maximum disbursement for this grant is $500, and a student may only receive one award per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
- Applicants must be a student veterans, active duty personnel, reservists, or National Guard members.
- Applicants must be enrolled and in good standing at UIS during the semester when the emergency funds are awarded.
- Applicants must have a financial hardship resulting from an emergency or unforeseen event.
- Applicants must have utilized all other eligible aid programs.
- Applicants must be enrolled in direct deposit with UIS at the time of the award.
To apply, please complete the UIS Military/Veterans Emergency Grant Application.