For information about clinical experiences, background checks, student teaching, and resources for clinical supervisors in the field.
Contact the field placement coordinator for questions about clinical experiences, student teaching, or background checks:
- Ms. Leslie Maroun: email@example.com
Background Checks (CHRI)
Every student is required to complete a background check before starting clinical placement. Background checks are required one time at the beginning of your program.
Please contact Field Experience Coordinator, Ms. Leslie Maroun for general questions.
What if I have a criminal record?
If you ever been convicted of a felony, or any sex, narcotics or drug offence in Illinois or any other state, this may disqualify you from becoming a teacher.
DUI convictions for alcohol have different criteria. Depending on the severity of the felony, sex, narcotic, or drug offense, you may never be able to receive a teaching certificate. Have questions about this? Contact our Licensure Officer Ms. Heather McCullough, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Embedded Clinical Experience
- Field Placement Request
- Please complete when you register for a course that has clinical hour requirements.
At least one field experience will be completed in a diverse setting, i.e., where students will vary by race, ethnicity, gender, and income level according to the Illinois Report Card statistics.
Step 1: Search by school district, city, or county
Step 2: Select 'students' on left hand panel
Step 3: Explore demographic information to determine if school meets eligibility requirements.
- School of Education Student Handbook - Revised version coming soon.
- All students must complete a Student Teaching Application by January 15th of the Academic Year prior to their student teaching.
- Schedule of Important Dates
- Evaluation Calendar
- Evaluation of Student Teachers