Here at Diversity Center we have events for everyone, inclusion of everyone is our main goal and we are committed to it. We conduct events at the University though out the year, below are our signature events that we have conducted at the university.
- Black Graduation
- Black History Month
- Black Male Colligate Society (BMCS) Induction Ceremony
- Hispanic/LatinX Graduation
- Hispanic/LatinX Heritage Month
- Ouch! That Micro-Aggression Hurts
- Pan y Cafe
- Soup And Conversation
- What Stands Between Us
- Women's History Month
Stay Connected with the Diversity Center
Diversity Center COVID-19 Updates
To keep with all responses and new policies regarding COVID-19, please visit the resources below.
- As we know, COVID-19 has ravaged communities around the globe. In the U.S. alone, it has had far-reaching, and damaging effects. At the University of Illinois Springfield, we have generated a campus resource to inform and educate campus constituents about some of the impacts.COVID-19’s diverse nature continues to have a grave impact on populations we work, learn, and share community with, every day.
- We share this resource in the hopes of starting a dialogue around awareness. Being educated about COVID-19’s diverse impacts is one of the defenses we can use.
Please feel free to post this resource to your department’s page, and other social media outlets. Let’s continue to do our part in flattening the curve while at the same time, reducing stigma
Articles to Consider
- Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Schools While Protecting the Civil Rights of Students (Source: U.S Department of Education) (pdf)
- Coronavirus Information and Resources (Source: CDC)
- Getting coronavirus updates in Spanish is a mixed bag in US (Source: The Associated Press)
- As Coronavirus Deepens Inequality, Inequality Worsens Its Spread (Source: The New York Times)
- Reducing Stigma (Source: CDC)