This toolkit of resources is designed to be a one-stop shop for newer and experienced academic unit administrators, including chairs, heads, and directors. If you do not find what you are looking for, or if you have a suggestion for additional toolkit resources, please contact Monica Kroft.
Presentation Topics for AY 21-22 (tentative)
As topics are shared with the Chairs & Heads Forum throughout the year, video recordings and other resources will be added to the toolkit.
- September – How to Effectively Lead An Academic Unit
- October – Slate (comprehensive system for admission, enrollment management, and student success)
- November – Degree Audit System
- December – Advise U and Student Petitions
- January – Roles, responsibilities, and compensation for unit leaders
- February – Accessing and using institutional data and reports
- March – Faculty hiring, faculty leave time reporting, and NIA request/report processes
- April – Introduction to EMSI Labor Market Analytics (identifying new opportunities for program development)
- May – Future of Higher Education
- Faculty Personnel Policies Workshop 2021-9-14
NIA Request Form for AY 21-22 NIAs