Deans, Dean's Office staff, and Department/School administrators with questions about the faculty employment process at UIS may contact Monica Kroft: email@example.com.
Requests to approve per-course (adjunct) faculty
Adjunct Approval Requests are submitted whenever the department/unit wishes to:
- hire a new adjunct for an upcoming semester,
- add someone to the approved adjunct pool, for potential future hire, or
- add courses to the approved course list for someone already in the department/unit approved adjunct pool.
Important note: Those who wish to be considered for adjunct positions must submit application materials to the Adjunct Recruitment folder in Box . You will find a list of department/school adjunct applications and instructions, which can be shared with potential adjuncts, on the adjunct opportunities page. Only those who have uploaded complete application materials to the Adjunct Recruitment link on the department/school application page are eligible for consideration as new hires or additions to the approved adjunct pool. If you do not have access to your unit’s Box folder, please contact Monica Kroft.
The online Adjunct Approval Request form can be accessed at: https://go.uis.edu/aar
Requests for full-time (academic year appointment) faculty positions
- The process of filling a full-time faculty position at UIS begins with a consultation between Department/School and Dean.
- Once the Dean has given the preliminary go-ahead, the Department Chair/Head or School Director initiates the Faculty Position Request (FPR) online form.
- The online form will require the past three years’ enrollment data for courses to be taught by the proposed position. Download an Excel spreadsheet template to complete, and upload the course enrollment data at the appropriate point in the online form.
- A preview document with screenshots of FPR form fields is available to assist Department Chairs/Heads and School Directors in preparing to complete the online form.
- Forms are routed to the Dean for a recommendation, and then to the Provost for final decision.
- Department Chair/Head or School Director and Dean receive an email notification when the Provost has taken action on the request.
- Administrative Assistant to the Provost initiates the Applicant Tracking System process to fill approved faculty positions.
- While the request is routing for fiscal authorization, the search plan may be drafted so it will be ready for upload by the Assistant to the Dean once fiscal authorization has been granted.