The University of Illinois Springfield has occasional need for individuals to teach on a per-course, or “adjunct” basis. Qualified individuals are welcome to apply to one or more units. Units will periodically review applications and may reach out to applicants whose qualifications and experience align with their needs when a need arises.
Important note: In order to maintain employment eligibility, adjunct faculty are required to complete mandatory annual employee training, including (but not limited to) Ethics, and Preventing Harassment & Discrimination.
Adjunct application FAQs
- How do I submit an adjunct application? Adjunct opportunities are now posted to the Adjunct section of the UIS Job Board in our new Cornerstone system. The Adjunct section should be live in early November, and the link will be posted here.
- I have taught as an adjunct for a UIS program within the past several years. Do I need to reapply? No. Individuals already in a program’s adjunct “pool” need not reapply; your profile should have been uploaded to our new Cornerstone system. If you wish to teach for a different program, you will need to apply to that program's posting. If it has been some time since you taught at UIS, you may need to create a profile in Cornerstone to apply.
- I have taught courses for one program and am interested in teaching for a different program. Do I need to submit a separate application? Yes. Each program develops and maintains its own adjunct pool. Application materials submitted to one unit will not be seen by other units.
- Will the program/department respond to let me know the status of my application? No. Although you will receive a confirmation email when application documents have been successfully uploaded, the program may not contact you until a need for someone with your qualifications/expertise arises.
- How can I update my application? You may update your Cornerstone application at any time:
- Navigate to the job board (https://go.uis.edu/jobs), select “My Profile” at the top right, and an “Application Status” section should display a list of any positions for which you have applied.
- Select the dropdown at the far right of the application you wish to update, and select “withdraw” (a confirmation screen may appear for you to confirm you wish to withdraw).
- A dark blue “Reapply” button will appear. Click the “Reapply” button, and you will have an opportunity to upload new documents.