Faculty Fellows Program
The Faculty Fellows Program contributes to the UIS mission through faculty research and service to a university unit, including COLRS, OPEL, Enrollment Management, and the Chancellor's Office. Applications for the next class of fellows open each spring. Learn about the Faculty Fellows Program.
Annual Impact Reports
- AY21-22 Online, Professional, and Engaged Learning Annual Impact Report
- AY20-21 Online, Professional, and Engaged Learning Annual Impact Report
- AY19-20 Online, Professional, and Engaged Learning Annual Impact Report
Continuing and Professional Education (CAPE)
CAPE develops and delivers innovative programs through a demand-driven approach to address the education needs of professionals across a variety of businesses and industries. Learn more about continuing and professional education at UIS.
Primary audience: Government Agencies, External Businesses, Organizations, and Individuals
- Delivery of short-term professional education targeting specific skill-building
- Administer continuing education units and digital credentialing
- Coordination and delivery of requested business and professional services, including instructional design and digital accessibility remediation
Office of Engaged Learning (OEL)
OEL provides innovative experiential learning opportunities for a diverse student population through the Internship and Prior Learning Office and the Study Away Program. Learn more about engaged learning at UIS.
Primary audience: UIS Students, Industry and Education Partners
- Support innovation in engaged learning through experience
- Administer worldwide study away, internship, project, service-learning, and prior learning academic experiences
- Advise faculty in the development of international educational experiences and support for student program travel
- Consult with industry partners to create effective experiential programs at host sites
- Assist with preparing and processing immigration documents to host and employ foreign nationals
Center for Online Learning, Research & Service (COLRS)
COLRS is the UIS hub for the study and application of online learning pedagogy, technology, and best practices related to online learning. Learn more about online learning support at UIS.
Primary audience: UIS Faculty
- Online and blended pedagogical professional development and support
- Instructional design consultation and peer review through the use of digital technologies
- Consultation and support for the creation of digital instructional content
- Digital accessibility professional development and document remediation
- Consultation and support for high-quality digital learning environments
- Conducts and supports research related to online and blended learning
Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE)
CFE supports world-class teaching by providing programming for current faculty, including online, part-time, and full-time faculty. Learn more about faculty development at UIS.
Primary audience: UIS Faculty
- Administer faculty development workshop schedule
- Repository of prior faculty development workshop materials
Meet the OPEL Staff.
One University Plaza
MS BRK 415
Springfield, IL 62703