Creating a Scholarship
At UIS, you have the opportunity to create your own named scholarship fund or in honor of a family member or someone you admire. We have several possibilities to offer you, with information on each.
- Endowed scholarships are the most powerful scholarship funds because they create scholarships year after year. Interest from your gift funds the scholarships; the principle remains. A minimum of $25,000 creates an endowed scholarship.
- Current-use scholarships are very nimble scholarships because you fund them for only one year at a cost of $1,000 (or $84/month). You still get to name the scholarship and decide the kind of student who will receive the scholarship.
Learn more about starting a scholarship fund today by contacting a gift officer.
Roy L. Brown, III, 217.206.8547; email@example.com
- College of Business and Management
Katie Champion Williams, 217-206-7389; firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Education and Human Services
Division of Advancement, 217-206-6058
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; and Center for State Policy and Leadership
Pamela Hulten, 217-206-6036; email@example.com
- College of Public Affairs and Administration; and Peoria and Tazewell Counties
Terri Hempstead, 217-206-6059; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corporate and Foundation Relations
Jennifer Bettis, 217-206-7075; email@example.com
- Illinois Innocence Project
Courtney Cosgrove Reed, 217-414-9301; firstname.lastname@example.org
- NPR Illinois
Randy Eccles, 217-206-6403;email@example.com
- Performing Arts Center
Sarah Brewer, 217-206-8724; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Affairs
Lisa Whelpley, 217-206-6058; email@example.com