2021 Scholarship Luncheon
Our students are grateful to receive scholarships, as these students shared in a video prepared for the 2021 Scholarship Luncheon. In many cases, it allows them to pursue their educational dreams.
Of course, scholarships are only available thanks to the generosity of our donors. We are proud to present the story of Wilverlyn "Joye" Williams Morris, who established a scholarship at UIS after being the recipient of one herself when she was a student here.
Creating a Scholarship
At UIS, you have the opportunity to create your own named scholarship fund or in honor of a family member or someone you admire. We have several possibilities to offer you, with information on each.
- Endowed scholarships are the most powerful scholarship funds because they create scholarships year after year. Interest from your gift funds the scholarships; the principle remains. A minimum of $25,000 creates an endowed scholarship.
- Current-use scholarships are very nimble scholarships because you fund them for only one year at a cost of $1,000 (or $84/month). You still get to name the scholarship and decide the kind of student who will receive the scholarship.
Learn more about starting a scholarship fund today by contacting a gift officer.
Roy L. Brown, III, 217.206.8547; firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Business and Management
Katie Champion Williams, 217-206-7389; email@example.com
- College of Education and Human Services
Division of Advancement, 217-206-6058
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; and Center for State Policy and Leadership
Pamela Hulten, 217-206-6036; firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Public Affairs and Administration; and Peoria and Tazewell Counties
Terri Hempstead, 217-206-6059; email@example.com
- Corporate and Foundation Relations
Jennifer Bettis, 217-206-7075; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Illinois Innocence Project
Courtney Cosgrove Reed, 217-414-9301; email@example.com
- NPR Illinois
Randy Eccles, 217-206-6403;firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performing Arts Center
Sarah Brewer, 217-206-8724; email@example.com
- Student Affairs
Lisa Whelpley, 217-206-6058; firstname.lastname@example.org