The Computer Applications Endorsement is a five course curriculum that meets the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) requirements for obtaining a subsequent teaching endorsement in computer applications for 5th-12th grades.
Coursework enables students to:
- Explore the fundamental concepts of cybersecurity, be informed of cybersecurity vulnerabilities and threats, and practice techniques and gain tools for detecting and defending against cyber-attacks
- Learn the basics of learning, designing, selecting, and implementing technology that will enhance the educational process.
- Learn structured programming techniques, the fundamentals concepts of computer networking with practical applications, and how to model threats to computer systems.
- Gain knowledge in the areas of data communications, networking technologies, OSI model, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP layers and protocols, Internet architecture
- Meets ISBE’s requirement for earning a subsequent teaching endorsement in computer applications.
All educators with a current and active Professional Education License are encouraged to apply.