Established in 1957, this award has been bestowed upon alumni of the University of Illinois who have made significant, notable and meritorious contributions, and who have consistently demonstrated exceptional loyalty, commitment, dedication and service to the University for the advancement of their alma mater.
Recipients are alumni who have distinguished themselves by donating their time and talent on behalf of the University. Each recipient must be nominated for the award. Based on these nominations, the Alumni Board may select up to 12 recipients per year. Recipients will receive awards at an appropriate University related event.
- Nomination is required. Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination. Nominations will be considered active for five years.
- Nominee must hold an earned degree from the University of Illinois.
- Nominee must be an individual who, in deed or action, reflects and recognizes the importance of the University; who demonstrates pride in his/her alma mater; and whose interest and loyalty are evident by his/her significant, notable and meritorious contributions for the advancement of the University.
- Nominee must be an individual in whom alumni, students, faculty and staff of the University of Illinois will take pride and be inspired by his/her recognition.
- Current members of the University of Illinois Board of Trustees; UIAA Board of Directors; the UIS Alumni Board; the Awards and Recognition Committee; and relatives, employers or employees thereof are not eligible for consideration.
- Persons currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Illinois are not eligible for consideration.
- Previous recipients of this award are not eligible for reconsideration.
- The award may not be conferred in absentia; however, it may be granted posthumously.
Nominate Deserving Alumni Today
Recipients must be nominated for the award. Working from these nominations, the Alumni Association Awards and Recognition Committee will select the recipients. The awards will be presented at Commencement or an Alumni Association event. Please complete this online form to submit a nomination.
Please be advised: Should the committee determine the nominee would be more appropriately honored by means of a different award, the committee reserves the right to consider each nominee for other, more suitable recognition.
If you have questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 217-206-6058.
Barbara Burkhardt ’84 (UI), MA ’90 LAS, PHD ’94 (UI)
Bill Furry ’85 LAS, MA ’97 LAS
Victor Juarez , ‘87 CBM
Grace Wenz MA ’73 EHS
Timothy A. Schweizer, MBA ‘85
Janice M. Spears ’73 LAS, MA ’74 LAS, MA ’81 EHS
Nancy L. Chapin, ma ’73 ehs
Roberta Volkmann, ma ’73 las
Susan L. Blocker ’01 CBM, MBA ’03
Bruce L. Bullard, MA ’92 CBM
Ronda Y. Guyton ’04 PAA
Barbara A. Lestikow ’66 ED, MA ’75 EHS
Donovan W. Pepper ’94 PAA, MA ’96 PAA
Linda L. Brookhart ’99 CBM
Robert O. Clary, MBA ’85 CBM
L. Michael Purnell ’78 LAS
Randall F. Dunn ’73 CBM, MA ’74 PAA
William G. Hall ’70 LAS, MA ’73 EHS
Claudia Pitchford ’00 LAS
Trudy L. Malkey ’01 CBM
Peggy L. Mayfield ’93 EHS, MA ’96 EHS
Denise Y. Yates ’96 EHS, MA ’98 EHS
John D. Blackburn, MA ’79 EHS
Deborah K. Cimarosa ’93 CBM, MA ’98 LAS
Thomas S. Duncan ’00 CBM
Krishna M. Brahmamdam, MA ’98 LAS, MBA ’04
James I. Matheis ’82 PAA
Heather N. Nifong, MA ’92 LAS, MPH ’99
Sister Arlene Winkler, MA ’81 EHS
Edward A. Brooks ’50 ENG, MA ’74 PAA
Helen E. Brooks
Jerome W. Donovan ’96 CBM
Cindy Terry, MA ’72 EHS
Helen Adorjan ’63 COM, MA ’72 LAS
Charles H. Northrup, LLB ’39 LAW, MA ’80 LAS
Maureen L. Bartels ’97 CBM
Paul R. Craig, MA ’74 LAS
Ethel Gingold ’40 LAS, MA ’73 EHS Justice and Social Order), MA ’79 EHS (Human Services)
Leroy A. Jordan, MA ’72 EHS
David P. Marshall ’98 CBM
Jana E. Wise ’92 CBM
Mary P. Bohlen, MA ’78 LAS
Pam McClelland ’90 CBM, MA ’95 CBM
Ed McDowall, MA ’92 LAS
Mary Rechner ’98 CBM
Pauline Santini ’80 CBM