The Learning Hub
Please see our Updates page regarding changes in services during the COVID-19 social distancing procedures at UIS for the Spring 2020 semester. We will be continuously updating this page to keep the UIS campus informed as to the availability of our academic support services. Please check back often.
The Learning Hub offers free academic support services to currently enrolled UIS students. Through a peer tutoring program, The Hub offers one-to-one appointments—both in-person and online—in writing, math, accounting, economics, science, computer science, and academic skills. In addition to peer tutoring, The Hub offers supplemental instruction; online, on-ground, and in-class workshops; walk-in assistance; and additional support materials hosted on our website.
We invite you to visit us and receive help from students like you and caring faculty in a supportive learning environment. We provide continued support and dedication to your academic success!
- Check out our Writing Web Series blog!
- Check out our Writing Handouts!
- Review The Learning Hub’s Policies
About The Learning Hub
- The Learning Hub Mission Statement
- Current Tutoring Staff
- Where Are They Now: CTL/Learning Hub Alumni
- How to Make an Appointment
- Request an Appointment Here!
- The Learning Hub Policies
- Student Questionnaire: First Time Visitors (feedback for appointments and workshops)
- Student Questionnaire: Repeat Visitors (feedback for appointments and workshops)
- Supplemental Instruction
- Learning Hub FAQ
- Online Tutoring
- Writing Resources
- The Center for Academic Success and Advising
Spring 2020 Semester Hours
Monday — Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed Saturday & Sunday
Brookens 462 (classroom side of Brookens Library)
Email The Hub
- Hub Services Syllabus Statement
- Request a Workshop!
- Faculty Development Office
- The Learning Hub Writing Center Liaison Project
- Writing Resources