The UIS Food Service has exclusive rights to all food and beverage service on campus. Food and beverages may not be brought into any event without express, written permission re: (Request to Waive Catering Requirements) from UIS Food Service Management.
- All Food and Beverage prices are subject to the standard 20% service charge and 9.75% Illinois state sales tax, with a $5 minimum service charge. All menu items, charges and tax are subject to change without notice.
- We require an additional 20% service charge for all events located off the UIS central campus. If an additional vehicle is required to transfer food or equipment to the event location, additional fuel or rental fees may be necessary.
- We understand events arise unexpectedly and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. Late orders will be accommodated to the best of our abilities on a case by case basis including rush charges as follows: 48-72 hours prior, 25% of the food & beverage bill, 1-48 hours prior, 50% of the food & beverage bill
- Additional rental fees will be charged for china and glassware.
All prices quoted are based on a one hour meal service period for events scheduled Monday—Friday, in the Public Affairs Center/Student Union building, for groups of twenty five or more. We require a minimum food service order of $450.00 for events scheduled on weekends, unless prior approval is arranged with UIS Food Services.
To prevent the mishandling of our food, it is our policy to not allow any food to leave an event. Health department regulations and liability concerns prevent us from allowing the removal of leftover food items. This will be enforced for your safety and the safety of the guests.
Special Dietary Needs
We are pleased to provide quality meals for your special needs guests. Please plan to provide us with a guarantee of vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, or special plates needed for your guests. Special meal arrangements must be made in advance.
We kindly request that cancellations be made 5 business days prior to the event date. Cancellations made in less than five business days prior to the event date will be billed 50% of the total bill. Catered events cancelled less than two business days prior to the event date will be billed for 100% of the total bill. Extreme and inclement weather cancellations are excluded. This occurs only when the University is closed due to inclement weather.
A booking fee (non-refundable) of 25% is due at time of contract signing to guarantee a hold on the date for your function. The final payment is due the day of your event with your final count. The final payment is subject to revision if changes are made to the contract. If any additional expenses are incurred during your event, you will be billed after your event (s) and have 5 days to make final payment.
- The UIS Food Service is the sole agent for all sales and service of alcohol on the UIS campus.
- Alcohol may not be brought on, or served on University property without the express involvement of the UIS Food Service.
- All groups requesting alcohol service must first initiate an Alcohol Authorization form. These forms are available online. A copy of this form with the appropriate signatures authorizing sale or serving of alcohol must be delivered to the UIS Food Service at least 5 working days prior to the event.
- Additional procedures concerning security may need to be followed depending on the type of event and audience. We are required by state law to enforce the legal minimum drinking age requirements. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who appears to be intoxicated or behaving in an abusive manner.
- We make no provisions for decoration of banquet tables; this is left to your wishes and taste. The following items may be added for a minimal cost to enhance your event: bud vases, floral centerpieces, colored overlays and votive candles.
- It is our desire to serve you promptly at the hour you select.
- Normal practice will be to allow your group access to the dining area fifteen minutes prior to the specified serving.
- In the case of a buffet format, the buffet line will be ready for service, except for the removal of chafing lids, fifteen minutes prior to the specified meal time.
- If your event starts 30 minutes or more past the designated time, an additional labor fee may be assessed and the quality of your food may be affected.
- In cases where a program follows a meal, we will need time to clear the tables before the presentation begins. You may either break for an intermission, or remain seated and allow our servers approximately 10 minutes to complete clean up. If time constraints do not allow for this clearing and the excusing of staff, there will be an additional labor charge for the required personnel.
Our culinary team has created this catering guide to help you plan and host your event. The menus listed are only a few of the options available through our catering service. We can also customize your event to meet your unique needs and tastes. Our chefs and staff have the expertise to provide for almost any menu request. Thank you for choosing UIS Catering Services. We are excited about the opportunity to help make your event a memorable occasion.