FIRST STEPS FOR NEW STUDENTS
We are pleased to welcome you as a graduate student in the Master of Public Health Program at the University of Illinois Springfield (UIS). Please study MPH Handbook and MPH Internship Manual to get started!
1. Establish your NetID and Password
- You will receive two emails from Admissions with your UIN and activation token. Contact Admissions if you haven't received them. Use them to create your ID for UIS systems.
- Log into your UIS email account. It is important to establish your UIS email account as soon as possible, as it is the primary mode of communication for both the University and the Department of Public Health. If you have tech questions, contact the UIS Technology center by calling (217) 206-6000 or emailing email@example.com.
2. Review Curriculum Requirements and Submit Education Plan
- When initially contacting your faculty advisor, please include your UIN and your admissions letter from the Office of Admissions. When considering your education plan, follow the course rotation schedule and program requirements. Upcoming courses can be viewed in the UIS Dynamic Course Schedule.
- Please remember to consult your faculty advisor prior to registering each semester. Based on the departmental policy, students are not allowed to register until educational plan is approved.
- If you are an international student and have questions about visa and I-20, please contact the Office of International Student Services.
3. Enroll in courses
- Check the UIS Records and Registration website for registration information. (Registration for the summer and fall semesters generally begins in April, and registration for the spring semester generally begins in November.) The date and time you are eligible to register are contained in your time ticket. You must have your UIS NetID prior to registering for courses.
- Questions regarding student records and registration should be directed to the UIS Office of Records and Registration. You can reach the office by phone at (217)206-6174.
- Please view the UIS academic calendar for important semester start and end dates. Textbook information is released when the course schedule is published. Textbooks may be purchased at the UIS Bookstore.
- You can view your student account information on the University Bursar website.