The Management Information Systems degree programs at UIS focus on providing a balance between technical skills and knowledge of business functions and processes.
The curriculum is designed to integrate information technology with business and management concepts and is designed to:
- Provide students with the analytical and practical frameworks and methodologies necessary to analyze, design, implement and manage complex information systems in contemporary organizational structures.
- Provide knowledge of the principles necessary for understanding basic computer hardware and software systems to ensure the data quality, transmission, processing and storage necessary to facilitate organizational decision-making and general operations.
- Enable students to develop competencies in applying systems analysis and design strategies and techniques in marketplace environments.
- Provide a balance between technical and organizational knowledge for a variety of professional organizations.
Faculty in the Management Information Systems program have real-world experience. In addition, all either have, or are pursuing, their doctorate.
UIS has a tradition of offering innovative programs to students at the time and place most convenient for them. The Master and Bachelor of Science degrees in MIS offers three options:
- Traditional classroom instruction on campus
- Online coursework
- Any combination of traditional in-class and online instructions that best meets your needs
The online courses are being developed and taught by the same faculty members who teach the traditional in-class sections of the courses.
View recent photos of students, faculty and staff.