MLS Student Handbook
The 2022-2023 MLS Student Handbook outlines the programmatic structure and expectations; contains programmatic and clinical practicum policies; and identifies key programmatic stakeholders (e.g. faculty, clinical affiliates, clinical liaisons, advisory committee members).
Request for Recommendation
To request professional or academic recommendation from MLS faculty, current and former students must electronically submit a Request for Recommendation to the MLS faculty member and MLS Program. To protect the privacy of students’ academic information, a recommendation cannot be provided until a completed Request for Recommendation form has been received by the MLS faculty member.
Honors in MLS Application
MLS majors with a cumulative GPA equal to or greater than 3.25 in the MLS Program and one semester in residency at UIS may elect to participate in the MLS honors option. Prior to the final semester of the MLS Professional Phase, interested candidates must secure a faculty research advisor and submit an Honors in MLS Application.
Important UIS Links
- School of Health Sciences Academic Integrity Policy - coming soon
- UIS Academic Integrity Policy
- UIS Student Handbook
- American Association of Blood Banks
- American Association for Clinical Chemistry
- American Chemical Society
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science-Illinois
- American Society of Clinical Pathology
- American Society for Microbiology
- The American Association of Immunologists
- The Association of Genetic Technologists
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- College of American Pathologists
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- World Health Organization