In addition to having the opportunity to gain valuable professional experience through an internship while earning a high quality, graduate education, your benefits also include:
- Monthly Stipend: The stipend for August 16 to May 15 is $1,200 per month, and $2,400 per month for May 16 to August 15 while interns work full time.
- Weekly Schedule: 20 hours per week during the academic year, and agency equivalent of full-time (normally 37.5 hours) during the summer.
- Tuition Waiver/Credit Hours: You will receive 24 credit hours per academic year, including the summer term. If you are an out-of-state or international student, you will be responsible for the tuition difference between out-of-state and in-state tuition costs.
- Mandatory Student Fees Allotment: GPSI interns receive $650 each fall and spring semester towards mandatory student fees.
- Professional Development: $300 each year for the purchase of professional resources to enhance your educational experience (professional conferences, software, professional journals, professional memberships, etc.)
- Scholarship Opportunities: GPSI interns may apply for scholarships. Please visit the UIS Office of Financial Assistance for scholarship information.
- Mentoring: You will have the opportunity to benefit from the mentoring relationship that you establish with your internship supervisor.
- Intern Support: The GPSI office will work closely with you throughout your intern experience.
“The GPSI program was extremely beneficial for me. It helped me to improve professionally and personally. I do not see any flaws or need for improvement. It is designed and administered perfectly. I was able to advance my education, build self-confidence and at the same time gain work experience. There is no better opportunity than GPSI.” Zivile Scott, Supportive Living Program Specialist, Illinois Department of Healthcare & Family Services