UIS Parking Operations Snow Plan Day
Effective Monday, January 22, 2024
- To assist the university in snow/ice removal we ask all students and employees, (regardless of the parking hangtag purchased, standard or economy), park in an area that has been plowed or salted.
- If the lot you typically park in has been plowed or salted, you are welcome to park there.
- During a Snow Plan Day, vehicles parked in standard permit lots (blue stripes) with economy permits (yellow tags) will not be ticketed for unassigned lot violations.
- Snow Plan Days do not allow for unauthorized parking in spaces that require a special permit (e.g. ADA spaces, reserved PERKS), or prohibited parking areas such as emergency and fire lanes. Vehicles will be subject to ticketing and towing for unauthorized or unsafe parking.
- All residential parking lots for on-campus residents have 24/7 access to their lots. The university will clear the snow as efficiently and safely as possible in the residential lots.
- An email will be sent to notify everyone if the university will continue a Snow Plan Day. Please keep an eye on your UIS email and we encourage everyone to check your email daily before you arrive on campus
We hope these actions help provide safe and accessible parking to all of our university students, employees, and visitors. If you have any questions, please reach out to Parking Operations at email@example.com, (217) 206-8502 or in BSB 43.