Use the links below to apply today online, or to download an application that you can return via postal mail.
- Check out the “How to Apply” section for step-by-step instructions
- Applying for an online program is the same procedure as applying for an on-campus program.
- Graduate and Online students should be sure to check specific program requirements; there may be an additional application for the program you wish to enter.
- Freshman applicants who are eligible for the Honors Program will automatically be reviewed by the Honors Program; no extra application is required.
Applications for Admission
Applications for Special Programs
You will be directed to create an account. Email is required. If you wish to create your application using social media credentials, you may choose “Log in” instead of “Create an account”.
Downloadable Applications for Admission:
Please download the appropriate application form and mail the completed application to the UIS Office of Admissions. Please note any closed programs. If you apply for a program that is closed after the date the program closed is posted, your application fee will not be refunded in any case. You will be required to complete a new application and pay a new fee.
Note: These files are in Adobe Reader format. To use them, you must download and install the free Adobe Reader software.
- Undergraduate Freshmen Students (First-Year Students) [PDF]
- Undergraduate Transfer Students [PDF]
- Graduate Students [PDF]
- Graduate Assistantship/Graduate Public Service Internship Application [Instructions]
If you believe you meet the requirements for application to UIS, please
follow these procedures:
Complete the appropriate Application for Admission form. This form can either be submitted electronically or downloaded and mailed to the Office of Admissions.
- Send official or certified academic records/transcripts. Photocopies will not be accepted. International Academic Records Note: Students who apply to the University of Illinois at Springfield on or after July 1, 2019, and have international academic records must arrange (at their expense) to have their record(s) evaluated by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member organization. Our recommended evaluation service is World Education Services (WES), but we will accept an evaluation from any NACES member. A “course-by-course” evaluation must be sent directly to UIS from the NACES member. The course-by-course evaluation will typically include certified copies of the documents used to conduct the evaluation. If certified copies of your academic record(s) are not included with the evaluation, you will be responsible for requesting that official documents be sent to UIS from each institution attended, along with an English translation (if the records are in a language other than English).
- Submit any required statements/writing sample.
- For best consideration for admission to our freshman class, a statement of 500-750 words may be submitted. We want to hear about your professional aspirations, intellectual interests, and personal experiences relevant to your choice of a specific academic program. Please note, the Honors Program requires submission of a personal statement.
- Applicants to an online or graduate program, should consult their chosen program for specific requirements.
- Submit all applicable test scores.
GRE, GMAT, and TOEFL: institutional code for UIS is 1787 ACT: institutional code for UIS is 1137 CLEP and SAT: institutional code for UIS is 0834
- Non-refundable application fee. You will have the chance to submit it online after completing the online application. Alternately, it can also be mailed to the university, payable to University of Illinois Springfield.
- Once Admissions receives your materials, the International Student Services Department issues your I-20. Please refer to the Initial Form I-20 website for more information about what actions you will need to take in order to receive your I-20.
- Once everything is received, the UIS admissions staff will review your application and notify you accordingly. Check your status online.