Use the links below to apply today online, or to download an application that you can return via postal mail.
- Check out the “How to Apply” section for step-by-step instructions
- Applying for an online program is the same procedure as applying for an on-campus program.
- Graduate and Online students should be sure to check specific program requirements; there may be an additional application for the program you wish to enter.
- Freshman applicants who are eligible for the Honors Program will automatically be review by the Honors Program; no extra application is required.
Online Applications for Admission:
You will be directed to create an account. Email is required. If you wish to create your application using social media credentials, you may choose “Log in” instead of “Create an account”.
- Application for Admission
- Intensive English Program
- Graduate Public Service Internship
- Graduate Assistantship
- Superintendent Endorsement program is a cohort-based working group and is only offered every two years; please consult program for next entry date.
Downloadable Applications for Admission:
Please download the appropriate application form and mail the completed application to the UIS Office of Admissions. Please note any closed programs. If you apply for a program that is closed after the date the program closed is posted, your application fee will not be refunded in any case. You will be required to complete a new application and pay a new fee.
Note: These files are in Adobe Reader format. To use them, you must download and install the free Adobe Reader software.
- Undergraduate Freshmen Students (First-Year Students) [PDF]
- Undergraduate Transfer Students [PDF]
- Graduate Students [PDF]
- Graduate Assistantship/Graduate Public Service Internship Application [Instructions]
- Intensive English Program
If you believe you meet the requirements for application to UIS, please
follow these procedures:
Complete the appropriate Application for Admission form. This form
can either be submitted electronically or downloaded and mailed to
the Office of Admissions.
- Send official or certified academic records/transcripts. Photocopies will not be accepted. If original transcripts are not in English, we must also have an English translation. Though not required, a transcript evaluation supplied by ECE, WES, or IES will expedite the admissions evaluation.
- Submit applicable personal and academic statements (required for freshman applicants, all other applicants should consult their chosen program of study for requirements).
- Submit all applicable test scores.
GRE, GMAT, and TOEFL: institutional code for UIS is 1787 ACT: institutional code for UIS is 1137 CLEP and SAT: institutional code for UIS is 0834
- Non-refundable application fee. You will have the chance to submit it online after completing the online application. Alternately, it can also be mailed to the university, payable to University of Illinois Springfield.
- Once Admissions receives your materials, the International Student Services Department issues your I-20. Please refer to the Initial Form I-20 website for more information about what actions you will need to take in order to receive your I-20.
- Once everything is received, the UIS admissions staff will review your application and notify you accordingly. Check your status online.