Classes Start June 7. Register Today!
UIS offers two terms of summer classes to help you meet your goals, whether you’re getting a jumpstart or you’re determined to graduate sooner. Upper-level and general education courses are available online and in-person to fit your busy schedule. Financial aid is available. Kick off your summer at the No. 1 public regional university in Illinois!
Who Should Register for Summer Classes:
- Students new to UIS who want a jumpstart on their degree
- Current UIS students who want to graduate sooner
- Students from community colleges or other four-year colleges and universities who want to make the most of their summer
- Find Your Course
View a comprehensive list of available summer courses, including specific dates and instructors.
- Apply & Sign-Up
New students will first need to apply; current students can sign up by using Student Self Service.
Students from other colleges or universities:
Enroll as a non-degree seeking student
- Check with your own institution on transferability of credit hours for your chosen course. UIS participates in agreements with community colleges and four-year institutions across the state for a smooth transfer of credit hours.
- Complete a UIS Application for Admission choosing the Non-Degree option.
- You will be quickly notified about when to register.
Browse Courses by Topic
UIS is offering more than 200 entirely online courses during the 2021 Summer Session. Search for summer courses in a specific topic area with our dynamic schedule.
- Visit the Dynamic Course Schedule
- Select the summer semester from the pull-down list
- Select one or more “Subjects” (use the Shift key to select consecutive subjects or the Control key to select non-consecutive subjects)
- Click “Class Search” to view all course sections offered