UIS continue to monitor community levels for COVID-19 and are in regular consultation with UI System experts regarding current and anticipated infection rates in our area. An uptick in COVID-19 cases is expected this fall, so please follow these guidelines to help prioritize everyone’s health and safety:
- If you’re sick or develop COVID-19-related symptoms, stay home and follow public and medical health guidelines on when it is safe to return to work or class.
- If you have COVID-19, isolate for at least five days. If after five days your symptoms are improving, you can exit isolation but should wear a mask around others for an additional five days.
- It is strongly encouraged that you get vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date on COVID-19 vaccine boosters, especially those with risk factors for severe infection. New vaccines targeting the most recent variants will be available in September or early October.
- Practice good hygiene, washing your hands often and avoiding touching your face.
- Students can access testing at UIS by appointment through Health Services. Employees should access testing through their medical provider.