We provide preventive services and resources that support participation in health care, enabling individuals to recognize health as a comprehensive state over which they have control.
We provide health care that allows individuals to perform optimally, both physically and mentally, in order to achieve their academic and intellectual potential and to minimize interruptions in their academic careers. We provide health care and health education in a safe environment.
If you think you have COVID-19, have been exposed or have COVID-19 symptoms, students must call Health Services to discuss appointment options & employees contact your primary care provider to discuss testing options. Then return to asymptomatic testing on campus when you have been cleared from isolation/quarantine.
- Asymptomatic Campus Saliva (COVID-19 SHIELD) testing for employees & students: Bethany Bilyeu firstname.lastname@example.org 217-206-7122
- Residence Life: email@example.com
- Employee leave: Tony Lozzi firstname.lastname@example.org
- General UIS Campus Asymptomatic COVID-19 questions: email@example.com
- Have COVID symptoms: Students must call Health Services 217-206-6676 to discuss appointment options & Employees contact their primary care provider
Important! In order to avoid a $35 late processing fee & hold placed on your student account, immunization records must be uploaded by your 1st semester. It is not a requirement for ONLINE ONLY registered students, however if you are taking 1 or more credit hour or “blended classes” on campus, this is a requirement.
- Immunization Information
- Hours and Appointments
- Services / Costs to Students
- Forms / Resources
- UIS Medical Excuse Policy
- Health Care and Emergency Health Care Facilities in Springfield
For all Student insurance information and forms, please visit UIS Human Resources or firstname.lastname@example.org. Students with the UIS Student Insurance (Academic HealthPlans / Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois) can call an after-hours nurse at 1-800-299-0274 with any medical questions or concerns.
PHONE: (217) 206-6676
FAX: (217) 206-7779
- Please call 217-206-6676 to schedule an appointment.
- Office & Telehealth Appointment times available: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Walk-in & online scheduling have been suspended.
FDA, CDC, HS HEALTH ALERTS!
- CoronaVirus 2019 (COVID-19)
- Clean Hands Save Lives
- FDA Recalls, Outbreaks & Emergencies
- Flu Self Assessment