Economists use micro-and macro-economic models to understand how economic resources such as labor and capital are allocated efficiently among competing alternatives. In this degree program, you will learn analytical and problem-solving skills which will make you versatile and highly employable in both the public and private sector.
Students who obtain a degree in economics go into some of the most highly paid careers in the country. An economics degree will also prepare you for professional study in fields such as business management, law and public affairs. For degree requirements, course descriptions, and other info check out the Economics B.B.A. catalog page.
- Efficient cross-curriculum for students seeking a double major or minor
- No class size larger than 50 students
- Dedicated internship office to assist students with finding and succeeding in internships
Program Goals and Objectives
In addition to the College of Business objectives, specific objectives of the B.B.A. in Economics are to
- Have a basic knowledge of micro- and macroeconomic theory
- Show a fundamental understanding of quantitative methods of analysis
- Develop research competencies using the theories and methods of economic analysis
- Implement skills for applying theories and models to contemporary economic issues and policies
Unique Learning Opportunity with Innovate Springfield
Students have the opportunity for hands-on learning access to Springfield’s business incubator, the first hub in the Illinois Innovation Network.