Speech and Debate Team
The UIS Speech and Debate Team is committed to training the next generation of civic leaders, public speakers, and communicators who are passionate about effecting change in their communities. The team does this by competing in twelve public speaking events and two forms of debate at regional and national tournaments throughout the year.
- UIS Has a Strong 20-21 Competitive Season
- Scholarship Deadline – February 15, 2021
- UIS has a Successful Fall 2020 Semester
- Speech and Debate Team Hosts Pre-debate Discussion Event
- UIS Places in the Top Five at Novice Nationals
Interested to learn more? Stop by one of our weekly team practices. We meet via Zoom from 1-4 PM on Wednesdays (the login information can be found here). We’d love to meet you!
– Samuel L. Jackson
– Malala Yousfazai