Transfer to the University of Illinois Springfield
The University of Illinois Springfield has been dedicated to transfer students since it opened! We are experts at transferring your credit to UIS and make considerable effort to ensure that you have the best chance of transferring all of your credit hours. Visit Transferology™ and iTransfer.org to learn more about transfer equivalency and how to successfully transfer. Transferology is a free service that will show you how your credits will transfer to UIS.
- For more information transferring to UIS, please see our overview below.
- Feel free to contact our helpful Admissions Staff who are eager to answer any of your questions.
- Our admissions counselors travel all over Illinois during the year. Check to see when they will be in your area.
- If you already know that you want to transfer, apply for admission today!
- When you apply, you are automatically eligible for various Merit Scholarships.
- More Scholarship Opportunities are available at the Office of Financial Aid website.
- We have 2+2 and Joint Agreements in place with various schools across Illinois.
- Need help transferring from your current community college? Our transfer guides list specific classes that should be taken while at your Illinois community college.
- Can’t come to Springfield to finish your degree? We have online Bachelor Degree Completion Programs.
- Transfer Information for MacMurray Students.
An applicant who holds one of the following degrees from an Illinois regionally accredited college or university is admissible as a junior and is considered to have met the UIS general education requirements:
- Associate in Arts, or
- Associate in Arts and Sciences
- Associate in Sciences (degree awarded before Fall 2016)
An applicant who has earned an Associate in Sciences from an Illinois regionally accredited college or university as of the Fall of 2016 is admissible as a junior but may not have satisfied the General Education requirements for UIS.
- Students with less than 30 hours of transfer credit should apply as a freshman and must meet freshman admissions requirements. They must also submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Students with 30 or more hours of college credit can be admitted if they have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Admission to the junior year at UIS is granted to applicants who have completed 60 semester (90 quarter) hours of credit with a “C” average or better from a regionally accredited Illinois college or university.
- Admission to the junior year at UIS is also granted to applicants who are seeking a second bachelor’s degree and have graduated from a regionally accredited Illinois college or university. UIS will consider all general education requirements met.
- We know that individuals learn in different ways. They bring experience that may have been acquired outside the classroom. Let our Credit for Prior Learning staff demonstrate how to turn prior experiences into academic credit.
- Our military veterans may be eligible to receive credit for military training. UIS follows ACE recommendations for awarding academic credit for military training. Such academic credit may be used toward the student’s degree plan. Veterans can also receive an application fee waiver by submitting their DD-214 with their application for admission. We also have numerous other services available specifically for veterans.