The University of Illinois Springfield provides a uniquely student-centered educational experience both in and out of the classroom through active learning, meaningful research and impactful civic engagement that prepares graduates to contribute fully to society.
The University of Illinois Springfield will be a pathway to opportunity, a catalyst for change, and a space of possibility where learners become ethical and passionate scholars, leaders, and citizens capable of transforming their local and global communities.
- Student-focused Teaching and Learning: We place student development – fostered through meaningful interactions among students, faculty, staff, and the community – at the core of all University activities.
- Integrity: We conduct ourselves with honesty, professionalism, and respect for others, accepting responsibility for the ethical consequences of our ideas and actions.
- Inquiry: We seek to understand the world around us through the mastery of core skills of perception, analysis, and expression, through the acquisition of knowledge, and through the pursuit of scholarship that is challenging and significant.
- Civic Engagement: We build meaningful relationships that enable us to both learn from and contribute to our local and global communities.
- Diversity: We embrace diversity in all its forms is both an intellectual commitment and a social responsibility, and we foster an inclusive culture that recognizes the needs and contributions of every individual.
- Strategic Thinking: We are a proactive learning organization committed to continuous improvement, evidence-based decision-making, and innovation.
- Accountability: We translate intentions into actions via shared governance and fiscal stewardship, holding decision-makers responsible to our students, colleagues, and other stakeholders.