All event proposals received by the Office of Undergraduate Education are reviewed by the University Requirements Council (URC). The URC reviews and approves proposals based on the event's relevance to two of the following ECCE student learning outcomes. All approved proposals are then ranked and prioritized based on their contribution to the semester’s program.
ECCE Student Learning Outcomes:
- Recognizing the social responsibility of the individual within a larger community
- Practicing awareness of and respect for the diversity of cultures and peoples in this country and in the world
- Reflecting on the ways involvement, leadership, and respect for community occur at the local, regional, national, or international levels
- Identifying how social systems such as economic, political, and legal systems may impact individual development
- Engaging in open-minded and ethical decision-making and action
- Distinguishing the possibilities and limitations of social change