ECCE Speaker Series welcomes proposals from faculty, staff, community members and community organizations. Community members and organizations must work with a current UIS staff or faculty co-sponsor. The ECCE Speaker Series does not accept direct solicitations from speakers or their agents.
To be considered, your proposed event must fit two of the following ECCE themes of engaged citizenship:
- Recognizing the social responsibility of the individual within a larger community
- Practicing awareness of and respect for the diversity of cultures and peoples in this country and in the world
- Reflecting on the ways involvement, leadership, and respect for community occur at the local, regional, national, or international levels
- Identifying how social systems such as economic, political, and legal systems may impact individual development
- Engaging in open-minded and ethical decision-making and action
- Distinguishing the possibilities and limitations of social change
Before you submit a Speaker Series proposal, review the detailed information for hosts and information for prospective speakers so you are aware of the roles and expectations associated with an approved Speaker Series event.
Spring 2024 Event Proposal Process & Proposal Form
ECCE Speaker Series is accepting event proposals for the Spring 2024 semester for live events.
Available Funding for Spring 2024 Events:
- Event / presenter funding up to $1,000 per event is available for live events, as well as limited travel funding for transportation and lodging.
- Event funding up to $500 per event is available for hybrid events with the presenter appearing via Zoom to a live audience seated in the auditorium.
Before beginning the proposal form process, all proposers must first read the Speaker Series Proposal Instructions & Guidelines Form.
All Speaker Series event proposals must be submitted via email using the Spring 2024 ECCE Speaker Series Proposal Form. Proposals submitted in another format will not be considered.
If you have questions about the proposal process contact Kimberly Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 217-206-6245.
Event proposal submissions for Spring 2024 events are due by Friday, October 27, 2023 at 5PM Central Time.
Fall 2024 Event Proposal Deadline
The event proposal deadline for events that will take place in Fall 2024 is March 22, 2024 at 5PM Central Time.