ECCE Speaker Series welcomes proposals from faculty, staff, community members and community organizations. Community members and organizations must work with a current UIS staff or faculty co-sponsor. The ECCE Speaker Series does not accept direct solicitations from speakers or their agents.
To be considered, your proposed event must fit at least one of the following ECCE themes of engaged citizenship:
- Recognizing the social responsibility of the individual within a larger community
- Practicing awareness of and respect for the diversity of cultures and peoples in this country and in the world
- Reflecting on the ways involvement, leadership, and respect for community occur at the local, regional, national, or international levels
- Identifying how economic, political, and social systems operate now and have operated in the past
- Engaging in open-minded and ethical decision-making and action
- Distinguishing the possibilities and limitations of social change
Before you submit a Speaker Series proposal, review the detailed information for hosts and information for prospective speakers so you are aware of the roles and expectations associated with an approved Speaker Series event.
Fall 2022 Proposal Process & Proposal Form
ECCE Speaker Series is accepting event proposals for the Fall 2022 semester for both live events and events that can be pre-recorded on Zoom.
Available Funding for Fall 2022 Events:
- Event / presenter funding up to $1,000 per event is available for live events, as well as limited travel funding for transportation and lodging.
- Event funding up to $500 per event is available for pre-recorded Zoom events.
Before beginning the proposal form process, all proposers must first read the Speaker Series Proposal Instructions & Guidelines Form.
All Fall 2022 Speaker Series proposals must be submitted via email using the Fall 2022 ECCE Speaker Series Proposal Form. Proposals submitted in another format will not be considered.
If you have questions about the proposal process contact Kimberly Craig at email@example.com or by phone at 217-206-6245.
Proposal submissions for Fall 2022 events are due by Monday, April 25, 2022 at 5PM Central Time.
AY 2022 -2023
- Monday, April 25, 2022 at 5PM Central Time for events that will take place in Fall 2022
- Monday , November 1, 2022 at 5PM Central Time for events that will take place in Spring 2023