The mission and goals of the UIS Division of Student Affairs are guided by several documents:
Our staff of professionals is committed to the enhancement of students’ self-awareness, connections to UIS and each other, understanding of diversity and inclusion, and their ability to act as leaders.
Our programs, services, and facilities seek to offer the best possible experience as we assist students in their transition to campus life and through the completion of their degree program.
Our community partnerships help us to engage the UIS Community in the larger social system to promote service learning, social justice, and civic engagement.
Diversity and Inclusion
We work to attract, to hire, and to retain students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds; our goal is a rich multicultural environment.
Organizational and Professional Development
We model life-long learning by staying up-to-date within our respective fields.
Connections to Professional Organizations
Below you will find a list of organizations for which UIS is either an institutional member or has Student Affairs' staff members as individual members.
- NASPA – Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- NACAS – National Association of College Auxiliary Services
- ACPA – College Student Educators International
- ACUHO-I – Association of College and University Housing Officers – International
- GLACUHO – Great Lakes Association of College and University Housing Officers
- NACA – National Association for Campus Activities
- NIRSA – National Intramural Rec Sports Assoc
- ACE – American Council on Exercise
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- The American Counseling Association
- National Board For Certified Counselors
- NAFSA – National Association of International Educators
- Illinois Society for Advanced Practice Nursing
- ACUI – Association of College Unions Intentional