Department of Liberal Studies
UIS REMAINS OPEN AND SPRING CLASSES CONTINUE REMOTELY
Staff and faculty are working from home in compliance with Governor Pritzker’s stay-at-home directive. Since we are not in the office to assist you, please consider the following:
- If you have class-related questions, communicate with your professors using the options they have provided.
- Your advisor is available. If you have small questions, email is best. If you need to schedule time to discuss topics or to plan summer/fall courses, schedule an appointment using Navigate and your advisor will arrange a Zoom meeting.
- UIS offices are still staffed remotely to assist; emails are the best way to initiate contact.
- The admissions and financial assistance office remain available through email.
- If you have Liberal Studies related question, please email the program advisor.
Built on more than 40 years of experience on our campus and based on the philosophy of Ernest Boyer, the Liberal Studies program gives learners the space they need to design individualized academic experiences that meet their unique educational interests and goals. To accomplish this, students are not limited to a curriculum that is focused in a single discipline. Instead, Liberal Studies students are free to explore many disciplines, which results in a well-rounded education.
Congratulations 2018-19 Online Graduates
One of the first questions many online students ask is, “will I ever need to come to campus?” The answer is “no,” online students never need to come to campus, BUT when they finish their degrees, we really hope they can join us in Springfield to celebrate their accomplishment at commencement.
How Can We Help You?
Too often, we think that “good students” don’t need help, but a “good student” is often the student who is willing to reach out for help. Consider the resources you need to succeed at UIS.
Department and UIS Links
- Summer 2020 Online Courses
- Fall 2020 Online Courses
- Center for Career Development
- Current Students
- Forms & Documents