University of Illinois Springfield accounting professors bring real world professional experience to the classroom. Our curriculum will teach you how to combine your knowledge of accountancy, information technology, business strategy and decision-making technologies to develop and guide business policies at the highest levels.
Through a combination of course work and internship experience, students in this rigorous program will be exponentially prepared to sit for professional accounting exams upon graduation. For degree requirements, course descriptions, and other info check out the Accounting B.A. catalog page.
- Efficient cross-curriculum for students seeking a double major or minor
- Designated internship office to assist students with successful internships
- No separate admission process for the College of Business and Management
- Several accounting scholarships offered specifically to accounting students
Program Goals and Objectives
In addition to the College of Business objectives, specific objectives of the B.A. in Accountancy are to:
- Create a professionally-oriented learning environment which fosters development of personal, professional and social responsibility, disciplinary competencies, and professional ethics.
- Emphasize conceptual knowledge and the development of problem-solving and data analytic skills.
- Serve as an information resource and a networking hub for students, alumni, employers, and professional organizations.