Information for Faculty
We hope you find this information helpful. Please contact us with the names and contact information of students you want to refer for nationally competitive scholarships so they can have an initial appointment with the coordinator and complete an intake questionnaire. This helps us to follow up on student applications.
The Prestigious Scholarship Office is pleased to provide a handbook to faculty as a reference to the operations of our office and as a guide to working with students in attaining national and international scholarships and fellowships.
There are also competitive fellowships for faculty. Please contact us if you are interested in applying. UIS is using the START myProposals online form for these applications.
Assistant Professor of Management Sudeep Sharma has been awarded a fellowship from DAAD (the German Academic Exchange Service) to be a visiting professor at the Institute for Management and Organization at Leuphana University of Lüneburg during summer 2020.
- Fulbright for faculty
There are a number of different programs/tracks, including inviting visiting scholars from other countries. Most deadlines Sept 15.
Faculty at UIS have been successful in obtaining Fulbrights.
- NEH Fellowships
- American Council of Learned Societies
- various faculty fellowships in the Humanities. Due Sept. 25.
- Institute for Humane Studies at George Mason University
- funds for sabbatical, conference, and other humanities-related scholarship expenses for faculty from any institution
- Guggenheim Fellowship for advanced scholarship in the arts
- Rockefeller Bellagio Center programs
- for scholars from various disciplines, deadlines vary
- National Academy of Education Spencer Foundation FELLOWSHIPS in EDUCATION RESEARCH
- for early career scholars working in critical areas of education research. Due November 20, 2019
- NSF CAREER
- for pre-tenure faculty, deadlines third week of July
- Abe Fellowship
- for interdisciplinary social science research with international reach, collaboration with Japan, deadline Sept. 1