8 Week Course/Instructor Led/Weekly Modules/Earn a Digital Credential
Assessment theory is explored, focusing on the applications to online education and the necessary adjustments needed when evaluating students in online courses. The course is designed to provide students with opportunities to apply online student assessment concepts to their areas of interest in online course development.
ION Professional eLearning Programs 8 CEU hours, 30 CPDU hours
As a result of completing course activities and interacting in discussion forums, learners will be able to:
- Articulate aspects of various approaches to assessment in online learning
- Participate in online discussions with peers that encourage analysis of online assessment issues using theoretical, technical, and practical frameworks.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a variety of assessment tools by completing mini assessment plan assignments and other assessment activities to address the variety of student learning needs.
- Use multiple forms of assessments (with appropriate corresponding tools) in online courses.
- Synthesize and apply online assessment models to a specific learning environment by developing a final online assessment report.
None. Overview of Online Instruction is recommended to be completed prior to or concurrently with this course.
Master Online Teacher (MOT) Professional Certificate Elective Course.