The Basics on Online Teaching and Learning
- Key Elements of an Online Program
- An Online Course in a Nutshell
- Information Dissemination Methods
- Online Teaching and Learning Workshop by Michael Lindeman, Virgil Varvel, & Iris K. Stovall
- Glossary of Terms
- Discussion Questions
- Online Learning Explained
- Strengths and Weaknesses of Online Learning Consider both the pros and the cons of online learning
Putting a Class up on the Web (An historical perspective) Steve. G. Gabany, Ph.D., Professor, Community Health, Department of Health & Safety, Indiana State University
What Every Student Should Know About Online Learning, John E. Reid, Jr. Ph.D., Coordinator of Distance Education Technology, Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw Georgia.
Additional Information on Quality Programs
The Nature and Characteristics of Online Learning in Illinois Colleges and Universities [pdf] – A report for the Illinois Virtual Campus prepared by Dr. John S. Washburn, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale showing changes in the institutions that participate in the IVC focusing on the nature and status of online learning, how institutional representatives perceive their institutions’ support for online learning, and implications for state and local policy or planning.
Creating a High Quality Training Program, ION Staff