Creating Your ION Self-Service Account
Your ION Self-Service Portal account has a different username and password from the ION Moodle site at learn.illinois.edu.
If you’ve already registered for an ION class for January 2019 or after, go directly to the ION self-service portal now to view your registrations, grades, and to make a payment.
For New ION Participants
- Go to Application Management.
- Under “First-Time Users” click on Create an account.
- On the next screen, enter your First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Birth Date, and then click Continue.
- The system will send you an email address with a temporary PIN.
- On the next screen, enter the temporary PIN and your birthdate, and click Login.
- Enter your new password two times, following the password rules on the screen, and click Set Password.
- Click on Start New Application.
This step creates your application, which allows you to register for ION classes. If you don’t create the application, you will be able to login but NOT register for courses.
- Click Create Application, and then Open Application.
- Complete and submit the application.
- After you’ve submitted your application, you’ll be taken to your ION Self-Service portal.
- Click on the Course Schedule link to register for events.
For people who have completed an ION courses between 1999 and December 2018, your information was moved to the new system. An email was sent on November 13, 2018 to the account listed in your myMVCR ION profile. If you’re trying to reset your password and have not previously set it, use January 1, 2015 as your birth date.
Please go to your email and follow the instructions in the email to set your password.
To receive another copy of this email, contact ION. If you no longer have access to the email address listed for your myMVCR account, please contact ION to have your email address changed and the information sent to your current email address.