8 Week Course/Instructor Led/Weekly Modules/Earn a Digital Credential
This course introduces several key concepts in digital accessibility, including disability history, disability law, and accessibility implementation. Participants will gain a broad understanding of how disability laws were passed and are currently implemented, as well as how to apply disability regulations and rights in their workplaces. They will also learn specific digital accessibility practices and strategies and will be introduced to concepts of universal design.
ION Professional eLearning Programs 8 CEU hours.
As a result of completing course activities and interacting in discussion forums, learners will be able to:
- Understand the federal laws governing digital accessibility, including the ADA and the Rehabilitation Act.
- Understand the specific state laws (Illinois) governing digital accessibility.
- Analyze the current legal landscape, including recent lawsuits and legislation related to digital accessibility.
- Understand the process of drafting a digital accessibility policy for your business, agency, or unit to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Understand disability, disability activism, and the laws, rulings, and policies that govern accessibility.
- Explain the importance of web accessibility and understand the history behind it.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic web accessibility supports, such as alt text, keyboard navigation, captions, etc.
- Create a plan for implementing accessibility and other inclusive practices in your customer service strategies.
DAE for Business and Agencies Certificate Required Course