8 Week Course/Instructor Led/Weekly Modules/Earn a Digital Credential
This course introduces instructional design principles for the development of online courses. Practical applications of instructional design for educational work settings is the focus of this course. Participants will become familiar with concepts that relate directly to their specific online course design needs as they explore instructional methods and develop ways to apply them. The course includes numerous web resources, authentic assignments, and engaging discussions with fellow learners on concepts, ideas, and strategies for effective online instruction and learning. It is learner-centered in that the assignments require you to personalize and customize the content through designing for your own course. You will do this in smaller design groups for discussion and idea-sharing.
ION Professional eLearning Programs 8 CEU hours, 30 CPDU hours
The educational goals of this course include:
- To provide participants with an overview of theories and strategies related to instructional design for online courses.
- To provide an environment where fellow learners can share ideas and experiences related to online instructional design and online education in general.
- To provide current or future educators with instruction and guidance for the creation of instructional design components that may be used in their online courses.
- To provide a model for instructing and facilitating online courses
- To provide experience in online education from a student's perspective
- Demonstrate knowledge of instructional design theories and systematic design.
- Bridge instructional design theory and real-world opportunities.
- Manage an instructional design project.
- Analyze an online course related to learners, content, and technology.
- Write course outcomes and learning objectives.
- Determine appropriate instructional strategies, methods, and delivery systems.
- Create a course map using modern mapping applications.
- Create an online course syllabus.
- Construct a lesson plan and assessment.
- Integrate ethical standards in all instructional design and development activities by applying principles of Copyright (Intellectual Property) Laws and Universal Design
- Incorporate modern learning technologies into an online course design.
- Use technology to improve learning productivity and professional practice.
- Construct an evaluation plan and instrument.
- Interact with coursemates during each phase of an instructional design project.
None. Overview of Online Instruction is recommended to be completed prior to or concurrently with this course.
OER Professional Certificate elective Course. MOT and DAE required course.