8 Week Course/Instructor Led/Weekly Modules/Earn a Digital Credential
Upon completing this course, participants will possess a well-rounded set of teaching and learning competencies, enabling them to design learner-centered courses, apply evidence-based teaching practices, foster inclusive and supportive learning environments, effectively manage classrooms, and utilize resources to support student success.
ION Professional eLearning Programs 8 CEU hours.
As a result of completing course activities and interacting in discussion forums, learners will be able to:
- Construct learner-centered course outcomes, learning objectives, and assessment methods aligned with desired learning outcomes, utilizing Bloom's Taxonomy and the Backward Design Model.
- Develop comprehensive and inclusive course syllabi that clearly outline course expectations, learning outcomes, assessment methods, and support resources.
- Demonstrate familiarity with various teaching methodologies, instructional strategies, and course designs, integrating principles of adult learning theory and Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework.
- Apply evidence-based teaching and assessment strategies to engage students, promote active learning, and enhance student success, including effective lecture techniques, formative assessment practices, and utilizing student feedback for continuous improvement.
- Create an inclusive classroom environment that respects and values diverse perspectives, promoting equity and clear expectations for respectful student behavior.
- Foster student persistence and motivation by implementing strategies that address the needs of diverse learners and create a sense of belonging among students, ensuring ADA compliance and continued application of UDL principles.
- Employ effective classroom management strategies, including clear expectations, active listening, conflict resolution, and de-escalation techniques, to maintain an inclusive and respectful learning environment.
- Utilize discussion facilitation techniques that promote critical thinking and communication skills among learners, adapting communication styles to meet the needs of a diverse student audience.
- Utilize Tools and Resources Effectively to Support Teaching and Learning (Week 8):
- Explore and utilize institutional resources for teaching and learning to enhance instructional effectiveness.
- Reflect on the knowledge, skills, and strategies acquired throughout the course and develop a personalized plan for applying them in future classes.
- Create a plan for ongoing professional development in the discipline of teaching and learning, demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement and staying abreast of best practices in the field.