4 Weeks/Instructor Led/Weekly Modules/Earn a Digital Credential
The Creating and Sharing Open Educational Resources for Online Learning course is designed to lead you through the process of creating Open Educational Resources, and sharing them with others.
ION Professional eLearning Programs 4 CEU hours.
At the end of the course, a participant should be able to:
- Describe current knowledge and use of OER in course content.
- Describe ideas for remixing and creating new OER content based on instructional and student needs.
- Use OER repositories and other sources to find OER resources to remix for a specific course.
- Evaluate and select OER to remix.
- Remix OER to create a new OER.
- Select a Creative Commons license for the remixed content.
- Provide proper attribution for remixed content.
- Identify the main steps involved in the production of OER.
- Recognize the wide variety of software and platforms available for creating or editing OER.
- Draft a mini-grant proposal for adapting or creating OER for the classroom.
- Provide critical and constructive feedback on another participant's OER Proposal Draft
- Identify an OER that you created or plan to create to share and publish for your students, colleagues, and the general education community.
- Determine the platform for delivery of the OER to your students.
- Determine the platform for publishing the OER so that it is available and reusable by colleagues and the general education community.
- Consider the pros and cons of using the selected platform for publishing your OER.
- Describe appropriate practices and procedures for publishing your OER.
- Reflect on course experiences and plans for OER applications.
None. The Foundations of Open Educational Resources course and the Using Open Educational Resources (OER) to Support Instruction course are recommended to be completed before this course.
OER Certificate Required Course