8 Week Course/Instructor Led/Weekly Modules/Earn a Digital Credential
This course is an overview of blended learning, a strategy that combines online and traditional instruction. Participants will actively discuss topics related to blended learning and will collaborate with peers in research, analysis, and assessment of blended course design elements and technologies. There are opportunities for practice with the blended techniques as well as exercises in planning the curriculum for including the blended modalities.
ION Professional eLearning Programs 8 CEU hours, 30 CPDU hours
- Describe self, related experience, and expectations for the course.
- Discuss blended learning types, levels, issues, strengths, and challenges.
- Identify a blended learning model for a specific topic and course module.
- Discuss blended course considerations and learning models.
- Discuss applying the flipped approach to a blended course module.
- Describe research on blended learning design and redesign.
- Plan for a course module using instructional design strategies and a blended model framework.
- Discuss issues and considerations for blended learning assessments and assignments..
- Identify strategies and techniques to enhance interaction and collaboration in a blended learning environment.
- Critique a technology tool used to support learners and/or instructors in a blended course.
- Identify learner activities and assessments for a blended course module.
- Review an existing blended course syllabus.
- Create a curriculum map for a course module.
- Discuss strategies for implementing, supporting, and evaluating blended courses.
- Develop a plan for implementing a blended learning course.
- Develop a plan for evaluating a blended learning course.
- Participate in online discussions that encourage analysis of issues and strategies related to blended learning.
MOT Elective Course