People make the place at the University of Illinois Springfield (UIS). We are delighted you have accepted a position with our campus. We know beginning a new job can be a complex process, and we are here to facilitate your transition. Please view the following resources we hope you find helpful. If you ever have a question, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources and a member of our staff will be happy to assist you.
The University of Illinois Springfield provides an intellectually rich, collaborative, and intimate learning environment for students, faculty, and staff, while serving local, regional, state, national, and international communities.
- Recreation and Fitness – Basketball, racquetball, weights, indoor track…the list goes on. Check it out!
- UIS Calendar of Events
- Rising Stars Program – Overview – You are now a STAR! Find information about our welcome program.
- Know Your U - Employees have the opportunity to learn more about UIS by attending Know Your U events.
- UIS Website – News room info., UIS calendar of events, and much more.
- SSU/UIS History – Learn about the history of our institution.
- Campus Safety – Stay safe on campus.
- Dining on Campus – Menus, Nutrition information, Facilities.
- Cox Children’s Center – We offer licensed and accredited childcare.
- Information Technology Services
- UIS Bookstore – We have more than books!
- UIS Library – Use your I-card to check out books and more.
- Campus Maps/Parking – Directions, maps and tours.
- Health and Wellness – Professional health care, preventative services and resources for your physical, mental and emotional health.
- Leadership Lived -Learn about our University Brand. See videos and more.
- University Acronyms -link coming soon
Employee Specific Resources
- UI New Hire Login (log in to new hire forms for new employees)
- Payroll – Payroll, tax information, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Benefits & Leave – Benefit and leave information, programs, change your benefits, and more.
- Employee Discounts and Perks (i-Card) – Learn the many uses and area discounts from phones to pizza your ID card offers.
- Employee Non-Monetary Benefits
- State Universities Retirement System (SURS) – Read about your retirement options, newsletters, life events, get forms and more.
- Policy and Web Apps – Make updates online to your employee account, access time sheets, job resources, University policies and procedures and many more useful links.
- New Employee Orientation The Essentials (ppt)