ION Professional Development courses are located on our learning management system, Moodle. Whether you are taking a course for CEUs or graduate credit from UIS, your course materials are located on the Moodle site. Participants are added to the Moodle courses about 48 hours prior to the course start date. You will receive a welcome email and login instructions when you have been enrolled in your course.
The CAPE Self-Service Portal (where you register) does not share login information with the Moodle site. Your username and password may be different for each system. Any changes you make at one site will not be reflected at the other (passwords, name changes, etc).
Logging into Moodle
- Go to the Moodle site at http://learn.illinois.edu
- Click on the Moodle-Only Login button.
- Your username is the email address that you provided in your profile on the ION website when you created your account.
- Your password:
- If you are a new user, you will receive an email from Moodle Admin <atlasILMoodleAdmin@mx.uillinois.edu> that contains your automatically generated password. The email with your Moodle password will arrive within the next 24 hours. If you do not receive this email, you can request a password reset by entering your email address on the password reset page.
- Returning ION Participants: If you have logged into this Moodle server before, you have set your own password. If you have lost your password, please follow the password reset instructions on the Moodle site.
- After you successfully login, please go to your Moodle preferences page to set your password to something private and easier for your to remember.Your password depends on your status.
University of Illinois Employees
If you are an employee of the University of Illinois (Springfield, Chicago, Urbana-Champaign, of System Offices), and have a NetID, click on the NetID Login to authenticate.
Forgot your Moodle-Only Password?
You may easily reset your Moodle-Only password by entering your email address on the Password Reset page. You will receive an email containing a link to reset your password.
Moodle suggests using Firefox or Chrome for best success.