4 Week Course/Instructor Led/Weekly Modules/Earn a Digital Credential
The purpose of the course is for participants to plan for and incorporate Open Educational Resources into their classrooms. Participants will also discuss topics and research related to the adoption of OER in the higher-education classroom and provide feedback on their peers’ projects.
ION Professional eLearning Programs 4 CEU hours.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Become familiar with course navigation, other participants, and course tools.
- Describe current knowledge and use of OER.
- Describe ideas for designing or redesigning a unit of instruction by integrating OER.
- Assess their current knowledge of Open Educational Resources.
- Use OER repositories, OER collections, and online advanced searches to find OER resources for a specific course.
- Identify and evaluate OER for possible adoption or adaptation in the course using specific criteria and standards.
- Align selected OER to a unit-level learning objective.
- Determine whether to adopt or adapt the OER for a specific use.
- Create a Unit Course Map that outlines how the objectives, assessments, instruction, and OER will align.
- Provide critical and constructive feedback on other participants’ course unit maps and OER selection posts.
- Adopt or adapt selected OER content to align with unit-level learning outcomes.
- Add proper attribution and licensing for the adopted or adapted content.
- Discuss the topics and research on the impact of OER adoption in higher-education classrooms.
- Reflect on current practices and future goals to increase the use of OER in their classrooms.
- Identify their next steps in developing and implementing the OER Unit.
OER Certificate Required Course